Click here to learn more about our church’s God-honoring, Christ-centered, Holy Spirit-led missionaries.
Missions We Support
- Community Meals. Every Monday from December through March, we provide a free, hot meal to anyone in the community who wants to come. We also deliver meals to those unable to make the trip to the church. The funds for these meals come from our annual Turkey Supper, held on the last Saturday before Thanksgiving each year. In 2015 we served 942 meals on Turkey Supper Day!
- Valley Ministries. An ongoing Food Pantry and Clothing ministry for our community. This ministry is run by a Board of Directors (members of local congregations) and is housed at the Val-Med Building in Dry Run.
- Christian Counseling. We provide Christ-centered counseling for those in need of healing. Call 349-2603 to schedule an appointment.
- Child Evangelism Fellowship (Bible Release). We provide funding and the free use of the building during the school year.
- Vacation Bible School. We offer a one-week Bible school for children of the community each summer.
- Fire and Ambulance Companies. We support our local crisis support teams for the common good of the community.
- Nursing Homes. We visit, offer communion, and share meals with local personal care home residents throughout the year.
- Handcrafter’s Prayer Ministry. We offer gifts of prayer shawls, lap robes, and bears to people going through times of illness, grief, and new births – near and far.
- We provide personnel and space for the Red Cross bloodmobile each year.
- Sierra’s Toy Box. We support this ministry for local families during the Christmas season.
- Sweet Grace Ministries. This ministry offers Christ-centered support for families who suffer the loss of a baby.
- Community Education Seminars. As needed and requested, we provide seminars of interest to the community to increase awareness and facilitate support for emotional, physical, social, financial, and spiritual well-being.
- Path and Amberson Valley Ministerium. We provide financial and leadership support for the collaborative efforts of local churches.
- Home Repair Ministry. Through an application process we help local families with home repairs through the donation of time and resources.
- Annually we also support: The Daisy Fund, Women in Need, and The Franklin County Homeless Shelter.
- University Community Ministries (UnComMin): Changing the world by transforming Shippensburg University students’ lives for Christ.
- Mission Trips. As God directs us, we take trips to provide on-site help for individuals near and far. In 2015 we worked in Path Valley to support Path Valley Ministries, and traveled to Camden, NJ to support the work of Urban Promise International.
- Our goal each year is to purchase at least one Jesus Wells through Gospel for Asia to provide clean water for villages through the local church ministries. In 2014 and 2015 we were able to purchase two wells each year.
- Compassion International. A total of 38 children are sponsored worldwide by individual UPVPC families and the youth group providing food, education, medical care, clothing, and spiritual training. We support children in the Philippines, Peru, Brazil, Haiti, East India, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Uganda, Mexico, Kenya, Honduras, Colombia, El Salvador, Thailand, Indonesia, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, and Ecuador.
- Operation Christmas Child. We pack & send shoeboxes filled with school supplies, toys, practical items, and the message of the Gospel to children all over the world through Samaritan‘s Purse. UPVPC also serves as a shoebox collection center. In 2015 our community sent over 2015 shoeboxes. 215 of those came from UPVPC.
- The Tenwek Orphan Fund. In 2016 we began support of orphans in 4 orphanages in Kenya. We purchased food, shoes, and school fees for children who need practical help as well as knowing the love of God, the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
- Gifts for the Troops. Each year we send packages to troops, near and far, as a way of saying Thank You for their service for this country.