Click here to learn more about our church’s God-honoring, Christ-centered, Holy Spirit-led missionaries.
Missions We Support
- Community Meals. Every Monday from December through March, we provide a free, hot meal to anyone in the community who wants to come. We also deliver meals to those unable to make the trip to the church. The funds for these meals come from our annual Turkey Supper, held on the last Saturday before Thanksgiving each year. In 2022 we served almost 1,000 meals on Turkey Supper Day through dine-in and take-out guests!
- Valley Ministries. An ongoing Food Pantry and Clothing ministry for our community. This ministry is run by a Board of Directors (members of local congregations) and is housed at the Val-Med Building in Dry Run.
- Christian Counseling. We provide Christ-centered counseling for those in need of healing. Call 349-2603 to schedule an appointment.
- Child Evangelism Fellowship (Bible Release) and Good News Camp. We provide funding and the free use of the building during the school year for the Bible Release program. In the summer we raise funds for Good News Camp scholarships for students in our community to attend a week of camp!
- Vacation Bible School. We offer a one-week Bible school for children of the community each summer. As a part of VBS we raise funds to give as God directs.
- Fire and Ambulance Companies. We support our local first-responders for the common good of the community through funds and by providing volunteers during Path Valley Picnic Week.
- Fannett-Metal School District. We support our school district by raising funds for supplies for teachers as well as sponsoring backpacks for their backpack program.
- Nursing Homes. We visit, offer communion, and share meals with local personal care home residents throughout the year.
- Handcrafter’s Prayer Ministry. We offer gifts of prayer shawls, lap robes, and bears to people going through times of illness, grief, and new births – near and far.
- Sweet Grace Ministries. This ministry offers Christ-centered support for families who suffer the loss of a baby.
- NetWork Ministries. This ministry works with children and youth in the Chambersburg Area providing after-school help, summer camps, a community garden, and Christian education.
- Community Education Seminars. As needed and requested, we provide seminars of interest to the community to increase awareness and facilitate support for emotional, physical, social, financial, and spiritual well-being.
- Path and Amberson Valley Ministerium. We provide financial and leadership support for the collaborative efforts of local churches.
- Home Repair Ministry. Through an application process we help local families with home repairs through the donation of time and resources.
- Annually we also support: The Daisy Fund, Women in Need, Pregnancy Ministries Incorporated, and The Franklin County Homeless Shelter.
- Mission Trips. As God directs us, we take trips to provide on-site help for individuals near and far. Since 2015 we have sent teams to New Jersey, upstate Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Texas, and West Virginia.
- Compassion International. A total of 56 children are sponsored worldwide by individual UPVPC families and the youth group providing food, education, medical care, clothing, and spiritual training. We support children in the Philippines, Peru, Brazil, Haiti, East India, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Uganda, Mexico, Kenya, Honduras, Colombia, El Salvador, Thailand, Indonesia, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, and Ecuador.
- Operation Christmas Child. We pack & send shoeboxes filled with school supplies, toys, practical items, and the message of the Gospel to children all over the world through Samaritan‘s Purse. UPVPC also serves as a shoebox collection center.
- As God directs us we raise funds to assist those in need due to war, famine, and/or natural disaster. In 2022, we raised funds to send to Ukraine through Samaritan’s Purse, Hope International, and Bible-Centered Ministries. We have also raised funds to send to those affected by the earthquakes in Turkey/Syria.
- Gifts for the Troops. Each year we send packages to troops, near and far, as a way of saying Thank You for their service for this country.